1) Set the Background Check Choice to FTIP
- Go to Company > Settings.
- Scroll down to Boundbook section.
- Choose "FTIP" from the Background Check dropdown menu:
- Make sure to save your changes.
Using the Plugin
Requires Version 2.6 or later of the NICS Check Plugin.
When you go to Section C, the button should read "Start FTIP Check" (if it doesn't, go back to Company Settingsand make sure you set the Background Check to "FTIP").
Click the Start FTIP Check button to launch the FTIP site and take you to the login screen where you can log in, then follow the instructions below:
Screen: SUBMIT REQUEST
- Click the plugin button in the toolbar which should fill in all the fields/dropdowns.
- Review the information for correctness, then click Submit
The FTIP support currently only inputs data to the Background Check screen and does not have the ability to retrieve the status/code results after you submit the background check, so you will need to manually copy/paste the result code back to Section C of the 4473 and set the background check status.