Distributor feeds often include products that do not yet have a UPC and may have incorrect pricing. coreFORCE creates these products with a UPC code starting with "NOUPC-". Distributors normally correct these products within a few days, and coreFORCE catches the corrections and links the distributor product to the correct UPC, but the NOUPC products remain in coreFORCE as "zombie" products and may cause MAP violations if they are found by a MAP compliance bot.
There is a filter in products maintenance to allow you to bulk deactivate "zombie" products (those that originated from a distributor without a UPC but are no longer linked to that distributor).
- In Products Maintenance, click on Filters, and check the box for "Generated UPC and no inventory anywhere".
- Make sure that no products are selected.
- From the Actions button, click "Select all", then "Mark selected products inactive"
- This will hide them completely in your system. Inactive products will not be shown on the front end (and thus not be found by MAP compliance bots), and by default, they will not appear in the back end interface to clutter up your administration experience.
- If for some reason you need to find one of these products again in the future, you can check "Show inactive records" in Products Maintenance.