(Note: To see the extra images mentioned in the field description, click on the blue letter in parentheses, for example "[as seen in the Appendix (image A)]". This will bring you to the Appendix of this article.)
When adding a new item kit through the + New Item Kit button in the Item Kits sub-module of the Inventory module, you are taken to the New Item Kit screen (1), where you will start adding the item kit by entering the item kit's general information in the Item Kit Info tab (2). Alternatively, if you are editing an existing item kit, you are taken to the Edit Item Kit Info screen [same as (1) but with the name and category of the item kit listed instead of New Item Kit] by clicking the Edit button next to that item kit in the Item Kits list.
When adding/editing an item kit, there are only 2 required fields:
- Item Kit Name (3): Input the name of the item kit.
- Category (4): Here, you can select an existing category either by scrolling through the drop-down list or by narrowing down the results as you type in which existing category you are searching for, or you can add a new category in one of two ways, Simple or Detailed (for more information on where to find/manage categories, see Categories Sub-Module Overview).
- Simple (A): [As seen in the Appendix (image A)] Type in the name (i) of the new category that you want to add, then click on the second field that says "New Category" followed by the name (in bold) you just typed in (ii).
- Detailed (B): Click Add Category to bring up the Add Category window, where you can customize in more detail the category that you want to add.
Once you have filled out those fields, you can save this item kit and move onto the next tab. If you want to add more details to this item kit, continue with the following fields:
- UPC/EAN/ISBN (5): Input the UPC, EAN, or ISBN of the item kit (it is recommended to create a brand new unique UPC to differentiate the item kit from the items that are included).
- Product ID (6): Input an alternate product ID for the item kit.
- Manufacturer (7): Select from the drop-down list the manufacturer of the item kit. If the manufacturer is not listed, you can add it by clicking Manage manufacturers (C), which will bring you to the Manufacturers sub-module (see Manufacturers Sub-Module Overview).
- Tags (8): In this field you can add tags to the item kit by narrowing down the results as you type in which existing tag you are searching for, or you can add a new tag [as seen in the Appendix (image D)] by typing in the name (i) of the new tag that you want to add, then clicking on the second field that says "Add new tag" followed by the name (in bold) you just typed in (ii). You can also go to the Tags sub-module to add/manage tags by clicking Manage tags (E) (for more information, see Tags Sub-Module Overview).
- Item Kit Description (9): In this field you can input a short description if the item kit.
- Long Description (10): Here you can type and format a more in-depth description of the item kit.
- Is Barcoded (11): Check this box if the item kit is barcoded.
- Requires Age Verification (12): Check this box to require the age of the customer to be verified when selling/renting out the item kit. Checking this box will expand the screen to show (13).
- Required Age (13): Input the how old the customer has to be in order to purchase/rent the item kit [this field will only show if (12) is checked].
- Custom Field (14): If you have created any custom fields for item kits, the custom fields will show here (for more information on how to create/manage custom fields, see Customizing Your coreSTORE Using Custom Fields).
- Save (15): Make sure to click the Save button when adding an item kit. This will automatically save the item kit, adding it to your inventory and bringing up the Items tab (for more information about this tab, see Item Kit Items Tab Guide) of the New Item Kit screen. If you are editing an existing item kit, clicking the Save button is also important. However, instead of automatically bringing you to the Items tab, it will save your changes then pop-up a dialog asking if you would like to continue editing the item kit by clicking the Continue Editing button (dismissing the dialog, keeping you on the Item Kit Info tab of the Edit Item Kit screen), or return to the Item Kits sub-module by clicking on the Return to Item Kits button.
Back to Option (4)
Back to Option (8)