If you have purchased a license for an additional location (if you have not done so but need to add another location, click here to go to the Help Desk and submit a ticket), Coreware will add a new location filled with default information for you to your coreSTORE. After the new location has been added, you will need to go into that location's profile and edit the default information to customize the location to your needs.
To do so, go to the Inventory module and select the Locations sub-module. Next to that location in the Locations List, click the Edit button which will bring you to the Update Location screen where you can configure that location. On this screen, you will need to customize at least the 4 required options [Name (1), Address (7), Phone (8), and Timezone (21)], and can customize your location even further with the other options. An explanation for all of the options are shown below.
(Note: To see the extra images mentioned in the field description, click on the blue letter in parentheses, for example "[as seen in the Appendix (image A)]". This will bring you to the Appendix of this article.)
- Name (1): Input the name of the location (this field is required).
- Color (2): Use the color picker tool [as seen in the Appendix (image A)] to choose the color you want to represent the location in the location switcher in the Menu Bar at the top of the coreSTORE application. To easily identify which location you are currently using, this color will also be the background for the coreSTORE logo in the top left of the coreSTORE application.
- Company Name (3): Input the name of your company.
- Company Logo (4): Use the Choose file button (B) to choose an image from your device that you want to be the logo for your company. This logo will print on receipts.
- Delete Logo (5): Check this box then click the Save button (41) to delete the image that you uploaded in (4).
- Website (6): Input the web address for your website.
- Address (7): Input the location's address (this field is required).
- Phone (8): Input the phone number for the location (this field is required).
- Fax (9): Input the fax number for the location.
- Email (10): Input the email address for the location.
- CC Email (11): If you want to send carbon copies of emails sent from the email address input in (10) to another email address, input it here.
- BCC Email (12): If you want to send blind carbon copies of emails sent from the email address input in (10) to another email address, input it here.
- Return Policy (13): Input the return policy for the location. This return policy will show on receipts.
- Employees (14): Select the employees that you want to have access to the location. Narrow down the name of the employee by typing the name in the field, then select the right employee from the options listed in the drop-down list [if you do not see the right employee, make sure that the employee is setup in the Employees module].
- Time Clock IP (15): Input the IP address where your employees have to clock in from (they will not be able to clock in from any other IP address).
- Registers (16): In this option, you can add registersfor the location.
- ID (C): Represents the order in which the register was added. (Note: You can not edit this field.)
- Register Name (D): Input the name of the register.
- Interface (E): Select from the drop-down list [as seen in the Appendix (image E)] which type of interface the register is using, Default or Touch Screen.
- Default Category (F): Select from the drop-down list the category you want to show automatically in the item grid for the register (for more information on where to find/manage categories, see Categories Sub-Module Overview).
- Hide Grid (G): Check this box if you do not want to automatically show the item grid on the register.
- Terminal ID (H): Input the terminal ID for the register.
- Delete (J): Click Delete to delete the register.
- Add Register (K): Click Add Register to add a new register.
- Enable Credit Card Processing (17): Check this box to enable credit card processing for the location.
- Credit Card Processor (18): Select from the drop-down list [as seen in the Appendix (image L)] which credit card processor you are using for the location (coreCLEAR, Bluedog, Clearent, Fluidpay, Square, Stripe, or Transnational). [Note: The options following (18) and before (19) will change depending on the selection from the drop-down list.]
- Receive Stock Alerts (19): Check this box if you want your coreSTORE to automatically send an email when an item reaches the replenish level set in the item's profile (for more information on setting a replenish level, see Item Inventory Tab Guide or Item Locations Tab Guide).
- Stock Alert Email (20): Input the email address you want to receive the stock alert emails in.
- Timezone (21): Select from the drop-down list [as seen in the Appendix (image M)] which timezone the location is located in (this drop-down list includes a multitude of timezones, the timezones shown in the Appendix are only a small sample).
- Mailchimp API Key (22): If you use Mailchimp, input the API key used to connect the location's coreSTORE to Mailchimp.
- FFL Number (23): Input the FFL number for the location.
- FFL Expiration (24): Use the date picker tool [as seen in the Appendix (image N)] to select the expiration date of the FFL number input in (23).
- Agency Name (25): Input the name of the local ATF agency for the location.
- Agency Address 1 (26): Input the address of the local ATF agency for the location.
- Agency Address 2 (27): If there is a secondary address for the local ATF agency for the location, input it here.
- Agency City (28): Input the city of the local ATF agency for the location.
- Agency State (29): Input the state of the local ATF agency for the location.
- Agency Zip (30): Input the zip code of the local ATF agency for the location. [Note under this option: The address above is copied into the Forwarding Info area (Q14a) of Form 3310.]
- Agency Phone (31): Input the phone number of the local ATF agency for the location.
- Agency Email (32): Input the email address of the local ATF agency for the location.
- Agency Alternate Email (33): If you want to email your 3310 forms to a specific ATF agent, input their email address here. [Note for options (32) and (33), and under (33)]: Copies of any 3310 forms generated will be sent to the Agency email(s) above in addition to the primary email that is automatically sent to the ATF.]
- Twilio SID (34): If you use Twilio, input the SID here [you should receive the information you need to plug into (34), (35), and (36) from Twilio (for more information about setting up SMS text messaging, see Setting Up SMS Capabilities)]
- Twilio Token (35): If you use Twilio, input the token here.
- Twilio SMS From Number (36): If you use Twilio, input the phone number that the SMS text messages will be sent from.
- Override Default Tax (37): Check this box if you want to apply a particular tax group or tax to the location instead of the default tax group as selected in the Taxes section of the Store Config module (see Taxes Section Guide) [checking this box expands the screen with options (38) and (39)].
- Tax Group (38): Select from the drop-down list which Tax Group (configured in the Taxes section of the Store Config module, see Taxes Section Guide) you want to apply to the item kit [this option will only show if (37) is checked].
- Tax 1/Tax 2 Rate (39): Use if you do not want to apply a tax group to the location and instead want to create custom taxes for the location [this option will only show if (37) is checked].
- Name (O): Input the name of the custom tax.
- Tax Percent (P): Input the tax percentage of the custom tax.
- Cumulative (R): Check this box ONLY if the location is in a jurisdiction that requires a cumulative tax rate on sales (usually, leave this box unchecked). For more information on how this works, see coreTIP Tuesday - Multiple Tax Rate Setup (Note: For this option, you can only check this box if you add 2 custom taxes, no more and no less).
- Show More (S): If you want to add more than 2 custom taxes, click Show More to expand the screen, allowing you to add up to 5 total custom taxes for the item kit [if you click Show More, you will not be able to check (R)].
- Bin Numbering Scheme (40): If you use the Warehouse module at the location, input the bin numbering scheme for the location (how you want to format the bin numbers).
- Section Name (T): Input the names of the section types you want to use in your warehouse (for example: aisle, gondala, shelf, position).
- Numbering Type (U): Select from the drop-down list [as seen in the Appendix (image U)] which type of numbering the bin numbering scheme uses (Alpha, Numeric, Constant).
- Select Alpha if you want the value for this section type to be a letter (will change automatically when using the Warehouse module).
- Select Numeric if you want the value for this section type to be a number (will change automatically when using the Warehouse module).
- Select Constant if you want the value for this section type to be constant/never change (will never change/always be the same in every bin number).
- Seperator (V): Input the seperator used in the bin name (for example: "-" in 11-D5-10).
- Delete (W): Click Delete to delete the section type.
- Add Section (X): Click Add Section to add a new section type.
- Save (41): Click the Save button to save any changes made to the location.
Back to Option (2)
Back to Option (16)
Back to Option (18)
Back to Option (21)
Back to Option (24)
Back to Option (40)
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article