WHAT ARE FACETS?
Facets were designed to be ways in which customers can filter your products. These appear on the product search results left-hand side bar.
How to use Facets for Best Results and Customer Experience
It is generally a good idea to limit the amount of values within your facets. If there are more than a few hundred values, the facet is no longer useful as a filter.
You can also customize which facets are displayed and in what order they appear.
You can learn how to do this by reading this article: Customizing Facets for the Product Search Side Bar
You can add as many facets as you want in Products > Taxonomy > Facet Options. The first box is an auto-complete for the facet name; the value can be anything you want.
Merge two Facets
- delete old facet from product_facet_categories
- in product_facet_options, if the facet_value does NOT already exist the new facet, change product_facet_id
- if facet value DOES exist,
- update product_facet_values and set old product_facet_option_id to new one
- delete record from product_facet_options
- update product_facet_values and change product_facet_id from old to new
- delete old product facet from product_facets
Merge Facet options
- Update product_facet_values and change old product_facet_option_id to new one
- delete old value from product_value_options