Jump to Item Grid Differences on the PO & Receiving Screen Section
A useful feature for easily adding items/item kits to sales, purchase orders, and receivings is the item grid. The item grid shows buttons for items/item kits in a particular category or tag, which you can use as a visual aid when trying to locate different items/item kits, helping you add popular or common items/item kits quickly.
You can choose which item type you want to be the default when you view the grid (for more information see Sales Section Guide), Categories (1) or Tags (2) (the grid type option at the top of the page is only visible if the Hide Grid Type Option checkbox is not checked in the Sales section of the Store Config module).
Categories View (1):
Tags View (2):
You can navigate the item grid using the following options:
- Category Navigation Pathway (A): The category navigation pathway shows you where the category you are currently viewing is located in the categories list (for more information, see Categories Sub-Module Overview). The highest parent category is on the far left, and the child categories (sub-categories) are to the right of the highest parent category. To navigate back to any parent category of the category you are currently viewing, click on the name of the parent category [this is only visible in Categories view (1)].
- Memberships (B): Click the Memberships button to pop-up the Memberships/Subscriptions window (L) (shown below), where you can view a list of the available memberships/subscriptions and add one to the sale by clicking on it (this is only available on the main Sales screen, it is not available on the main PO & Receiving screen).
- Events/Classes (C): Click the Events/Classes button to view the Events/Classes calendar (this is only available on the main Sales screen, it is not available on the main PO & Receiving screen).
- Scheduler (D): Click the Scheduler button to schedule an event/class or set up a range lane rental (this is only available on the main Sales screen, it is not available on the main PO & Receiving screen).
- Back to Parent Category (E): Click the Back To "Category" button to go back to the direct parent category of the category you are currently viewing.
- Child Category (Sub-Category) (F): Clicking a category button will bring you to the items/child category (sub-category) of the category you are currently viewing.
- Item with Price (G): Click on an item button to add the item [on the main Sales screen, the price that shows under the item name is the selling price and is different on the main PO & Receiving screen].
- Item Kit (H): Click on an item kit button to add the item kit [on the main Sales screen, the price that shows under the item kit name is the selling price and is different on the main PO & Receiving screen].
- Item/Item Kit without Price (J): If an item/item kit does not have a selling price, only the name of the item/item kit will show on the item/item kit button (this is exclusive to the main Sales screen).
- Page Selection Tool (K): If the number of items/item kits in a category or tag exceeds the maximum number of items per page shown in the grid as set in the Items section of the Store Config module (for more information, see Items Section Guide), there will be multiple pages of items/item kits available, which you can navigate through using the page selection tool at the bottom of the grid.
When you hover your cursor over an item/item kit button that has an image, the item/item kit name/label will disappear, instead showing you just the image of the item/item kit (shown below), so that you can double check and make sure that you are selecting the right item/item kit.
Item Grid Differences on the PO & Receiving Screen
While the item grids on the Sales and the PO & Receiving screens are mostly the same, there are a few key differences.
- On the main Categories view (1), the categories have a different appearance (M):
- The prices shown for the items (N) are the cost prices of the items instead of the selling prices.
- There is no price shown for item kits (O), cost price or selling price.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article